Over the years the Governing Body/Board of Members/Executive Committee decided to honour certain persons and institutions with special awards as recognition of their contribution to the promotion of Christian publications.
The following persons received these special awards:
- 1995: Dr WJ van Zijl (retired Executive Chairperson of NG Kerk-Uitgewers/Lux Verbi)
- 1995: Mrs Reneé Heyns (widow of prof JA Heyns who won the Andrew Murray Prize three times)
- 1997: Prof PA Verhoef (for his contribution over many years to the development of theology in South Africa, especially as Bible translator)
- 2000: Mr Chris Johnsen (for his contribution over many years to the promotion of the Christian book trade in South Africa)
- 2002: Ds Solly Ozrovech (as the most-read Christian writer in South Africa today)
- 2004: Dr Frits Gaum (for his contribution over many years to the promotion of Christian publications in Afrikaans)
- 2006: Rev Hans Linde (for his contribution over many years as the secretary of the Andrew Murray Prize Fund)
- 2007: Christian Literature Fund (in acknowledgement of the work CLF has done over the past 50 years by publishing and distributing Christian literature in the languages of Southern Africa).
- 2009: Kerkbode(with the 160th birthday of this paper; Kerkbode is the oldest Afrikaans paper still existing in the country)
- 2011: Emeritus archbishop Desmond Tutu (for his contribution, also through his publications, to reconciliation in South Africa)
- 2012: Rev Koos Oosthuysen (for the translation of the Bible in isiXhosa)
- 2013: Mr Neels Jackson (for his skilful and reliable reporting on religious and church issues)
- 2014: Ms Adri-Louise van Renen-Fourie (for her extraordinary contribution to Afrikaans Christian/church journalism)
- 2015: Rev Gerrit Kritzinger (for his contribution in the translation and distribution of the Bible.)
- 2015: Mr Roucher du Toit for his contribution to retain the organ as “king of the music instruments” in church and society.